The Divine Feminine is present in the moment. She is not locked in her head or thoughts. She is right in the moment, being completely present with what is happening.
Sometimes the most important thing we can do is ‘ground’. Ground in this sense means to center yourself, take a moment to get back into your body, and be here, now. It’s like taking the chaos of our outer world off and sitting in the stillness that is always there, inside and under all the feelings and racing thoughts. How do we get there? We find a sacred place that we consciously enter with the intention of presence. It’s where your stillness is and even deeper – it’s where your innermost wisdom resides.
Today, we’ll journey to a sacred garden. It’s a place of stillness, wisdom and safety.
Questions to Journal:
- What did your garden look like from outside the gate?
- What did the gate or door look like when entering your garden?
- What things did you notice in the garden? Colors? Textures?
- What did it sound like in your garden?
- What did it smell like in your garden?
- What did it feel like in your garden? Where did you feel that in your body?
- Where did you find a place to sit?
- How big was your garden?
- Did you receive any wisdom by sitting in your garden today?
Ritual for today 🙂
Build an altar.
- Think about what you saw in your garden and build an altar to honor your sacred space:
- Think about getting yourself flowers — or if that is not in the budget, cut a picture of flowers out that remind you of your garden, or draw one. It’s the intention that matters.
- Add affirmations to your altar – thoughts that you think will serve you.
- For me, ritual is about bringing me into my body through all my senses. You might consider having something:
- to see (candle-light for me and whatever meaningful items that make me feel good to look at)
- to hear ( a rattle, or a drum, or singing bowl, or music)
- to smell (essential oils, smudging with sage, lavendar, etc., your favorite perfume)
- to touch (rocks, touchstones, mala beads, rosary, tactile objects)
- to taste (chocolate, fruit, whatever treats you feel good about)
- Some people also consider the elements:
- Add whatever your focus or intention is this month:
- by symbol
- by object
- with words or affirmations
In other words, create a sacred representation of your sacred garden. The connection will help you bring it into your body.
Next, we’re going to connect with the Divine Mother.
She’ll help us feel safe in our Divine Feminine.